PRESS and NEWS
- 2022.11.25 The following three posters were presented at the European Bioanalytical Forum in Barcelona, Nov, 15-18.
□ De Novo Lipogenesis using 14C-labeled acetate and Accelerator Mass Spectrometry.
□ Characterization of hADME and pharmacokinetics of inhaled Velsecorat: alternative use of IV dosing and AMS.
□ Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) Enabled Human ADME study of the FGFR Inhibitor Derazantinib.
- 2022.11.19The latest data of the LDLr-/-.Leiden NASH model was presented at AASLD in Washington DC, Nov,4-8, together with Genentech.
□ The bispecific anti FGFR1/KLB agonist antibody bFKB1 attenuates non alcoholic steatohepatitis and atherosclerosis in Ldlr -/-.Leiden mice.
- 2022.11.18The latest data of the Diabetic Kidney Disease model was presented as a poster at ASN Kidney Week 2022 in Orlando, Nov,3-6.
□ A novel translational model of hypertension-accelerated diet-induced diabetic kidney disease with declining GFR and advanced pathology.
- 2022.10.21 TNO presented the following three posters at ISSX MDO2022 in Seattle, September, 11-14.
□ Accelerator Mass Spectrometry (AMS) Enabled Human ADME study of the FGFR Inhibitor Derazantinib.
□ Predicting Human Pharmacokinetics by using Ex Vivo Models and PBPK modelling; Demonstrator study using Rosuvastatin and Digoxin.
□ Conversion of Drug Metabolites Back to Parent Drugs by Human Gut Microbiota in an Ex Vivo Fermentation Screening Platform.
- 2022.9.10The following presentation by Dr. Graeme Young of GSK at the symposium "HUMAN MICROTRACER STUDIES IN DRUG DEVELOPMENT: HOW, WHEN AND WHY" held in Leiden on April 21, 2022 has been published. A must read for all DMPK scientists.
□ Considerations for Human ADME Strategy and Design Paradigm Shift(s)- an Industry White Paper.
- 2022.7.15Introduction of a new web-page "Body-Brain Research Interaction Platform".
It is a Research platform for mental health, cognition, stress, performance, wellbeing to comprehensively investigate the efficacy (or adverse effect) of various types of test product or factor such as medicine, nutrient, lifestyle, and psycho-social.
Available for fee for service, Open for partnering depending upon research questions.
□ LINK：BODY BRAIN RESEARCH
- 2022.6.17New publications on the Translationability of LDLr-/-. Leiden mice as NASH, NAFLD model
□ Metabolic subtypes of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease patients exhibit distinctive cardiovascular risk profiles. Hepatology 2022.
□ The Human Milk Oligosaccharide 2'-Fucosyllactose Alleviates Liver Steatosis, ER Stress and Insulin Resistance by Reducing Hepatic Diacylglycerols and Improved Gut Permeability in Obese LDLr-/-.Leiden Mice.
- 2022.3.10On March 9, TNO's webinar "ORGAN ON A CHIP: BRIDGING BIOLOGY AND TECHNOLOGY IN EFFICACY AND ADME TESTING" took place. You can watch this webinar on demand via this link:
□ INTRODUCTION TNO AND THE ORGAN ON A CHIP RESEARCH PROGRAMME:
Robert Ostendorf,Ph.D, Senior Business Development Manager, TNO
□ INTESTINE ON A CHIP: IN VITRO ADME MODEL TO STUDY THE EFFECT OF MICROBIOME TOO:
Evita van de Steeg,Ph.D, Senior Scientist, TNO
□ LIVER ON A CHIP - AN IN VITRO EFFICACY MODEL FOR NASH-FIBROSIS
Geurt Stokman,Ph.D, Senior Scientist, TNO
- 2022.2.8ICON and TNO cordially invite you to join our Microtracer Symposium on April 21st. The symposium will be held in the Fletcher Hotel Leiden, The Netherlands.
□ Program and Registration: HUMAN MICROTRACER STUDIES IN DRUG DEVELOPMENT: HOW, WHEN AND WHY
How Accelerator Mass Spectrometry accelerates drug development？ (Recommended browser: Google Chrome)
- 2021.12.10 Publication on the Intestinal Explant Barrier Chip (IEBC) became available on line. The wells-plate or microfluidic chip setup allows monitoring many processes that take part at the gut wall, such as transport, barrier function, metabolic activity, hormone secretion, and the inflammatory response. Special attention will be paid to the possibility to study the impact of your compound on the gut tissue as well as on the interaction of the gut wall with the microbiome.
□ Intestinal explant barrier chip: long-term intestinal absorption screening in a novel microphysiological system using tissue explants.
On Tuesday, November 9, 2021 TNO's webinar In vitro microbiome and ex vivo intestinal models entitled "WHAT'S NEW IN IN VITRO MICROBIOME AND EX VIVO INTESTINAL MODELS FOR GUT HEALTH" took place.
You can watch this webinar on demand via this link:
- 2021.9.6TNO will participate the two online partnering events as the following.
□ European Biotech & Pharma Virtual Partnering Conference 2021; 27-30, Sep.
□ Bio Japan 2021: 13-15, Oct, Yokohama
- 2021.4.26Together with GlobalEngage, TNO has organized a Webinar on Tuesday the 2nd of March, entitled: ORGAN-CROSSTALK AND BIOMARKER DISCOVERY IN NASH/FIBROSIS USING TRANSLATIONAL PRECLINICAL MODELS. (Recommended browser: Google Chrome)
- 2020.12.16 TNO and Janssen signed a letter of intent in which the parties declare their intention to explore multiple topics for the development of new collaborations. The selected topics represent technological areas in which both parties foresee innovations that will contribute to breakthroughs in our understanding and precision treatment of disease, as well as health domains in which unmet needs require new approaches, and accelerating drug development. In addition, the parties are seeking collaboration on topics of mutual interest in which joint efforts may add up to more than the sum of the parts.
- 2020.10.30New publication of NASH model in LDLr-/- Leiden mice
□ A Translational Mouse Model for NASH with Advanced Fibrosis and Atherosclerosis Expressing Key Pathways of Human Pathology, Cells Sep, 2020
- 2020.8.11Publication of Immune Health Modelling Tools; Frontiers in Immunology
□ Seeking Windows of Opportunity to Shape Lifelong Immune Health: A Network-Based Strategy to Predict and Prioritize Markers of Early Life Immune Modulation, April-2020
□ Network-Based Selection of Candidate Markers and Assays to Assess the Impact of Oral Immune Interventions on Gut Functions, Nov-2019
□ The Impact of Immune Interventions: A Systems Biology Strategy for Predicting Adverse and Beneficial Immune Effects, Feb-2019
- 2020.7.20 Clinical Microtracer Research in Children published in Clinical Pharmacology and Therapeutics
□ The Oral Bioavailability and Metabolism of Midazolam in Stable Critically Ill Children: A Pharmacokinetic Microtracing Study
□ Proof of Concept: First Pediatric [ 14 C]microtracer Study to Create Metabolite Profiles of Midazolam
- 2020.5.27On May 27, 2020, Prime Minister Rutte visited TNO at the Leiden Bio Science Park.
He allowed researchers to discuss the way in which TNO uses its innovative strength under the motto Brains4corona to contribute to combating the (social effects of) the corona virus.
There was also a visit to Europe's only biomedical Accelerator Mass Spectrometer (AMS) at TNO. It is used to develop medicines faster and safer.
- 2020.5.21 Publication related to Clinical Microtracer Research in Children
□ Dose-linearity of the Pharmacokinetics of an Intravenous [14C]midazolam Microdose in Children
- 2020.3.16TNO presented the posters as the followings at 3rd Global NASH Congress 2020, Keystone Fibrosis, Keystone Obesity and NAFLD in February and March
□ A translational mouse model for NASH and advanced fibrosis in association with atherosclerosis
□ Identification and verification of functional biomarkers for early detection of NASH-induced fibrosis
□ Identification of an organ-independent molecular functional signature representing the active fibrosis process
□ HE-700 reduces the development of liver inflammation in obese HFD-treated LDLR-/-.Leiden mice by ameliorating the build-up of hepatic cholesterol
□ Development of a diet-induced disease-mimicking in vitro model of non-alcoholic steatohepatitis / fibrosis
- 2020.1.2Triskelion B.V. and Ducares B.V. are proud to announce that we have entered into a definitive merger agreement. We combine our strengths as of 1 January 2020.
The new organization uses the legal name Ducares B.V. Nevertheless, the trade names Triskelion and Ducares continue to exist independently.
All current orders and agreements are transferred to the new organization. All employees will keep their existing email addresses.
- 2019.12.12At the 34th Annual Meeting of JSSX (December 9-12), TNO has performed the two oral presentations as the followings
□ GUT ON-A-CHIP: tissue based human intestinal barrier model for studying host microbe-immune responses.
□ I-Screen: Ex vivo human microbiome platform to study microbiome induced metabolism of drugs and their metabolites.
- 2019.11.20At American College of Toxicology 2019 Annual Meeting (11/17-20, Phoenix),
TNO presented the new poster of "TargetTri" as Web-Based Platform for Safety Assessment and De-risking of Novel Drug Targets
□ TargetTri: Safety Assessment and De-risking of Novel Drug Targets.
- 2019.09.26At the Discovery on Target (9/16-19, Boston), TNO presented the poster for Target Efficacy Assessment as the following.
□ A Discovery and Evaluation Workflow to Identify Novel Targets for NASH-induced Liver Fibrosis
- 2019.08.01At the ISSX-2019 (July 28-31, Portland, Oregon), TNO presented the updates of the following three technolgies.
□ Flow influences functioning of fresh human intestinal tissue in the inTESTine Chip.
□ Pharmacokinetics Application of Normothermic Perfused Ex Vivo Porcine Livers.
□ I-Screen: An Ex Vivo Human Microbiome Platform to study Microbiome Induced Reverse Metabolism of Metabolites Back to Parent.
- 2019.07.03Organ-on-Chip Conference-The latest information on Liver Function on a Chip was presented at EUROoC 2019. July 2-3, Graz
- 2019.06.10Oral-14C Midazolam microdose clinical trial for infants and young children, MetID result was presented in ESDPPP, May 28-30, Basel
ESDPPP:EUROPEAN SOCIETY FOR DEVELOPMENTAL PERINATAL AND PEDIATRIC PHARMACOLOGY